Friday 26 February 2016

Casting the voiceover

I have asked two people if they would be willing to speak in the voiceover who I feel fit the part. The character's voice needs to be deep because the character is mid 20s and I want my character to have a strong masculine presence because he is not on screen. I have asked people who's sounds close to this. The first person, who was closely to the age sounded good and dramatic but the character is coming from a working class background and has a rough voice. But the voiceover sounded more like upper class.
So I decided to use the other person his voice fit really well with the character. I was able to edit it the crackle and static of the radio straight after recording using the voice recording software, also I added a echo so it seems to be coming out a radio and isn't completely clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment